How can WE ALL get involved to save our planet from destruction? It's easier than you think! Take a look at the Top 10 things to RECYCLE in your HOME. I for one have taken the challenge and encourage you all to TAKE THE CHALLENGE! LIRO has pledged to reduce plastic waste. Register at http://americarecyclesday.org/pledge/
1. Use re-usable bags at the grocery store.
2. Take your milk, juice and shampoo/conditioner containers to be recycled at Salina Drive-thru Recycling Center, 125 W. North St., Salina, KS 67401.
3. Recycle your mobile phones to several drop-off locations around Salina.
4. Take unwanted cards and gently used craft items for re-use at the Salina Art Center.
5. Take unwanted clothes to local distribution centers around the Salina Area for re-sale or donate to the local Ashby House.
6. Unwanted furniture can be re-used and sold at many different locations around town or you can donate to our local Ashby House or DVACK.
7. Recycle aluminum at the local Animal Shelter bin located at the Central Mall parking lot. All proceeds from recycling will be given to our local Animal Shelter.
8. Take unwanted mail to Salina Drive-thru Recycling Center, 125 W. North St., Salina, KS 67401.
9. Pick up trash in your neighborhood and recycle those items.
10. Take unwanted metal or glass containers to Salina Drive-thru Recycling Center, 125 W. North St., Salina, KS 67401.